Due to our continued growth we have an exciting position available within our lettings department
40 hours per week
Salary £20,000 – £25,000 dependent on experience + benefits
To develop and grow the lettings business through a well-motivated team, give effective leadership and be accountable for results and people, whilst complying with Crucible Sales & Letting’s procedures and policies at all times
Key responsibilities include:
- To maximise the overall income and profitability of both the Sheffield and Rotherham branches and achieve budgeted income, profit and other targets set by Head Office.
- Demonstrate the standards required from reporting staff through personal performance and results.
- Provide on-going coaching, training and development of team.
- View and take on all property instructions from landlords. Maintain and run an effective follow up system for withdrawn instructions, lost instructions and Market Appraisal’s that have not been instructed.
- Ensure all offers and conditions are communicated immediately to the landlord.
- Ensure that terms agreed at the commencement of a tenancy are put in writing to the landlord and applicant.
- Maintain regular contact with instructing landlords with activity report.
- Brief staff immediately of any changes in landlord’s instructions.
- Maintain and update an efficient record of all applicant enquiries through our software system (Jupix)
- Implement and maintain an advertising / canvassing programme, to be regularly appraised and updated.
- Ensure on-going and regular liaison with sales staff over potential clients / instructions
- Communicate regularly with the Property Management Department to ensure issues/problems are dealt with swiftly and effectively providing the highest level of service for our clients.
- Holding effective daily and more formal weekly team meetings, to include the update of the applicant and landlord registers.
- Effectively manage the office diary to ensure appropriate cover in branch at all times.
- Ensure staff compliance with all company administrative procedures and effect additional work systems where necessary.
- At all times to project a smart, friendly, polite and professional image providing the highest standard of customer care in order to secure recommendations and further business for the Company.
- To demonstrate by practice a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Fees and Terms of Business, Tenancy Agreement and associated legislation.
- To ensure that no tenancy commences without cleared funds and a gas safety record in place and all relevant compliance standards are met.
- To ensure office banking procedures are adhered to by staff.
- To ensure that all complaints are dealt with under the Company Complaints Procedure.
- To ensure that the office and desks are kept clean, tidy and that the overall presentation of the office is maintained to reflect the professional image and profile of the company.
- To maintain a high standard of written presentation within the office and ensure all promotional material is accurate and consistent with the company image, the Estate Agents Act and the Property Misdescriptions Act (i.e. correspondence, window cards, boards, property particulars, lettings lists, office displays).
- To ensure that staff are always punctual and that their personal presentation, standard of dress and telephone manner are in accord with the Company’s professional standards
- Ensure, by at least monthly inspection, that staff cars are kept clean and tidy inside and out, and are maintained in accordance with the Company Car Policy.
- To maintain an accurate Attendance Diary for holidays and sickness, and arrange cover when staff are on leave or absent.
- To ensure the proper running of the office at all times.
- To maintain a Saturday roster and ensure staff are present.
- To attend and ensure staff attendance of any formal training sessions.
- To ensure that all office equipment is maintained in good working order.
- Process landlord payments, contractor payments and tenant refunds in the absence of the Lettings Operations Manager.
- Ensure that all invoices have been correctly input onto our software system (Jupix).
- Provide a daily report to the Lettings Operations Manager regarding any queries as requested.
- Any other duties as directed by the Lettings Operations Manager.
Qualifications – Grade A – C in G.C.S.E Mathematics & English or equivalent
Management experience across a broad range of functions with a successful record of high quality customer care
Successful record of staff management, support and team development
Multi skilled with a track record of achieving objectives and meeting targets
Writing and presenting reports
Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
A demonstrable record of adding value to the organisation
At least 12 months experience of working in a busy lettings environment
Ability to understand and improve business systems and support processes
Ability to interpret and apply the legislative and regulatory requirements within a letting agency and to implement systems that ensure these are met
Sound knowledge of housing legislation, regulation, policies and procedures
Evidence of Leadership skills within a working environment
Skilled in organising and prioritising work to deliver against deadlines, often under pressure
Performance management skills – setting, monitoring and reviewing goals and objectives
Clear ability to analyse and interpret data/information and produce performance and other reports
IT literate and track record of developing internal business systems
Sound working knowledge of MS Office applications and social media in a business environment
Stamina, drive and resilience and a track record of delivering performance improvement
Flexible and adaptable with a positive “can do” attitude and a focus on getting things done
A highly motivated self-starter taking responsibility for own and team training and development
Commitment to Crucible Sales and letting’s values
Appetite and ability to deliver a wide and varied workload in the context of a small business operating environment
Please email Ben Johnson – firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Please note – CV’s won’t be considered.